Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Wisdom for the Ages

My children's uncanny ability to embarrass me - especially in public - never ceases to amaze me. Occasionally, these episodes even cause me to wonder why it was that I ever considered motherhood. But then, every once in a blue moon, one of my little spark plugs will do or say something that reminds me EXACTLY why I love being a mom. Today's Bible lesson produced one such moment.

The kids and I were reading from our daily devotional, and the phrase "Know God, grow in God" was used. Many times, when I read Bible truths to the kids, I get discouraged because uncomprehending, glassy eyes stare back at me with a blank expression that reads, "I totally did not hear one word you just read, Mom." I wasn't sure that today's lesson had been understood, either, until T blurted out,

"To 'know God' means that I know His name. To 'grow in God' is wisdom."

It is for these priceless and profound insights that I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment